Chi-Lanta Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 4.45 Hrs
- 1 Pork Belly
- 2 Sharp Knife
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce
- 5 Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
- 6 Char-Griller Grills Rib Rub
- 7 Foil
- 8 Butter (Not Margarine)
- 9 Apple Juice (Non From Concentrate)
- 10 Pan
- 11 Drip Pan
- 12 Baking Rack
- 13 Golden Protective Services Nitrile Powder Free Gloves For Food Safety
Chi-Lanta Pork Belly Burnt Ends are tender, bursting with flavor and easy to make. Smoke 'em low and slow, then top 'em off with sweet and sticky barbecue sauce for a bite-size crowd pleaser.
1. Using a sharp knife slice and remove the skin and excess fat from the pork belly.
2. Slice into cubes
3. Coat with olive oil
4. Season with Char-Griller Rib Rub
1. Fire up your Char-Griller Grill to 250°.
2. Place drip pan filled with water under the grill grates.
3. Place the pork belly on the baking rack.
4. Spritz every 30 minutes with Apple Juice and rotate the baking rack for even smoking.
5. After 3 hours of smoking, remove the pork belly from the baking rack and place directly in a pan with Apple Juice, Char-Griller Rib Rub, Butter & cover the pan with foil.
6. Place covered pan into the Smoker/Grill and cook for an additional 90 minutes.
7. Remove foil and discard the juices and then add BBQ sauce to the pork belly and mix.
8. Smoke uncovered for an additional 15 minutes and are done.