Cheesy Jalapeno & Bacon Popper Dip
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 60 Min
- 1 Jalapenos: 5, sliced into boats, grilled then diced.
- 2 Bacon: 6 slices, grilled then diced.
- 3 Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese: 8oz. Cubed
- 4 Cream Cheese: 8 oz. Cubed
- 5 Chihuahua Cheese: 6 oz.
- 6 Pickled Jalapeno Juice: 5 Oz
- 7 Green Onions: 2oz
- 8 Char-Griller® Chili Lime Seasoning: to taste.
- 9 Bag of Tortilla Chips
- 10 Cast Iron Skillet
In the mood for popper but don't want to deal with the prep work? This recipe is for you! Make this delicious Cheesy Jalapeno & Bacon Popper Dip and experience the flavor of poppers without all the work!
- Slice the jalapenos into halves/boats and remove the ribs and some seeds. Seeds provide heat. The more you leave, the spicier it will be.
- Place the bacon slices on a baking rack.
- Fire up the grill/smoker to 425°.
- Grill the jalapenos and bacon for 20 minutes and remove.
- Dice the jalapenos & bacon.
- Place all the ingredients: jalapenos, bacon, extra sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, chihuahua cheese, pickled jalapeno juice, green onions & Chili Lime Seasoning in sections in the cast iron skillet.
- The dip is ready for the grill/smoker.
- Place the dip into the grill/smoker.
- Mix the ingredients after 15 minutes.
- Remove the dip after 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and sprinkle the top of the dip with green onions.