Char Grilled Wings
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 Chicken Wings - 2 to 4 Pounds
- 2 Hot Sauce - 1/2 Cup
- 3 Melted Butter - 1/4 Cup
- 4 Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- 5 Hot Sauce (for Sauce) - 1/2 Cup
- 6 Minced Garlic (for Sauce) - 2 Cloves
- 7 Cayenne - 1 Teaspoon
Char-Griller Ambassador Aubrey Johansen gives us her recipe and tips for awesome grilled wings!
If you’re like my family, you’re counting down the days to football season. That means tailgates at the stadium, or in your own backyard, and if you’ve got the cute transportable AKORN Jr, Grilled Wings are absolutely in your tailgating future.
I do my wings a little differently, I like to soak them in plain old cayenne vinegar hot sauce for 48 hours before I grill them. This is 100% optional, but I’m telling you- the flavor profile is unreal. Add a few hunks of Applewood to your charcoal while grilling these for a flavor explosion. Pro Tip: Baste your wings in the sauce at the very end to keep them from burning. Since they marinated in the hot sauce for hours, the flavor is packed in. Let’s dig in.
1. After rinsing and drying your wings, toss in hot sauce, avocado oil, and salt. Marinate for 24- 48 hours.
2. When you’re ready to grill, add a few chunks of Applewood to your charcoal, and get the grill nice and hot. Oil your grates and spread the wings out evenly. Grill on each side for 8 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
3. While the wings finish cooking, brush the buffalo sauce over each side, and turn 1-2 more times to allow the sauce to caramelize. Dip them in your favorite ranch or blue cheese, and enjoy!