Char-Grilled Flank Steak
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 1.5 Lb Flank Steak
- 2 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 1.5 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 2 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 5 1/8 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 6 6 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 7 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 8 3 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 9 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 10 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
When it comes to grilling steak, Flank doesn't get the love it truly deserves! This recipe brings out the best in this delicious cut of beef. Tender, juicy, and flavorful. A touch of sweet mixed with that classic charcoal grilled flavor. Hope you enjoy!
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the steak into a gallon sized ziplock bag. Add your flank steak and close bag air tight.
2. Massage marinade into the steak and make sure it is covered evenly. Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat your Char-Griller charcoal grill for direct heat. Get your temperature up as hot as the coals will make it. 450°F is a good sweet spot.
4. Grill the steak for about 4-5 minutes per side. Look for an internal temperature of 130-135°F for medium rare.
5. Try not to cook steak past 145°F as this will make a cut like Flank tough and not so tender.
6. Rest steak 15 minutes before slicing. Slice thin and against the grain. Enjoy!
Optional - Top with sautéed garlic and onions and enjoy! Goes great with a side of grilled asparagus