Grilled Pizza Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1.5 Lbs Chicken Wings
- 2 1 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 3 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 1 Tsp Chili Flake
- 5 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 6 1 Tsp Salt & Pepper
- 7 1/3 Cup Grated Pecorino
- 8 2 T Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- 9 2 T Olive Oil
- 10 1/3 cup Pepperoni, (Crispy)
You're probably thinking.... what. But, sometimes you just need it all at once, you know? Chicken Wings and Pizza are a classic take-out order, and what I need to know is why we haven't combined them sooner, because holy YUM. I love a dry rub on a wing, and these familiar pizza-esq flavors are so delicious on a charred-crispy wing. Let's take it up a notch with a sprinkle of crispy pepperoni and serve them with a side of warm marinara. The secret to keeping these wings crispy is grilling them low and slow, allowing the fat a chance to render and get crispy. Let’s dig in!
1. Preheat Grill to Medium heat, we want to keep heat moderately low so we give the wings a chance to crisp slowly without burning.
2. Toss wings in salt, pepper, and olive oil, transfer to grill and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes per side, moving around 1-2 times per side, allowing char marks to form.
3. After you've flipped the wings and they've finished cooking, toss in a large bowl with fresh parsley, grated cheese, and remaining spices.
4. Sprinkle rubbed wings with crispy pepperoni and serve with warm marinara for dunking. Enjoy!