Cedar Plank Salmon
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20-25 Min
- 1 Whole Coho Salmon 2 Lbs
- 2 Cedar Plank Boards
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Kary’s Roux All Purpose Seasoning
- 5 Caribeque Lemon Garlic Seasoning
- 6 Lemons
- 7 Dill
- 8 Parsley
- 9 Asparagus (Optional)
- 10 Garlic Parsley Butter (Recipe Is On CharGriller.com)
Looking for a great dish for the summer? This Cedar Plank Salmon recipe cooks up hot and fast and is a great healthy meal for those summer nights when you want to feed the whole crew!
- Soak the cedar plank boards in water for one hour prior to prepping the salmon.
- Slice the whole salmon into four fillets, it is fine to leave the skin on.
- Place the salmon fillets on the cedar plank boards with a few lemon slices and asparagus.
Tip: Apply olive oil directly on the cedar plank side you place the salmon to keep it from sticking.
- Apply even coat of olive oil to the top/sides of the salmon fillets.
- Apply Caribeque Lemon Garlic Seasoning and Kary’s Roux All Purpose Seasoning: use to taste.
- Add Garlic Parsley Butter to the top of each salmon: 1tsp per fillet.
- Add dill, parsley and additional lemons to the salmon fillets.
- Sprinkle parsley flakes when done to complete the prepping process.
Grilling directions: 20-25 minutes, internal temperature 145°
- Preheat your grill to 400°
- Add cedar planks with the salmon to the grill directly over the lump Charcoal.
- No need to rotate, allow the grill, charcoal and cedar plank salmon to roast the salmon.
- Tip: It’s also okay if your temperature drops: check out the recipe video on YouTube full for temperature control tips.
- Cook to internal temperature 145° and remove the cedar planks from the
Grill and it’s ready for immediate eating.
- Tip: take the guesswork out and use the Char-Griller Grills folding probe to easily see what temperature the salon is at.