Cedar Plank Salmon
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 (2) 2 lb. salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 (2) 12" untreated cedar planks
- 3 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ¼ C. fresh dill, minced
- 6 2 Tsp. salt
- 7 1 Tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 1 Tsp. lemon zest, plus lemon wedges for serving
1. Soak cedar planks in water for 1-2 hours.
2. While planks are soaking, rinse salmon fillets and pat dry with paper towel. Stir together the olive oil, garlic, dill, salt, pepper and lemon zest; rub over salmon to evenly coat.
3. Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Place soaked cedar planks directly onto grates and allow to smoke for 5 minutes with lid closed.
4. Transfer salmon to hot planks and cook with lid closed until salmon is just opaque throughout, about 15-20 minutes. Salmon is done when internal temperature reaches 135°F or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes and serve with lemon wedges.