Cast Iron Chicken and Veggies
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 1.5 lbs Baby Golden Potatoes
- 3 1 Package Baby Carrots
- 4 1 Yellow Onion
- 5 12 Oz Chicken Broth
- 6 Char-Griller Chicken Rub
- 7 (Lodge dual handle cast iron skillet fits in the Akorn perfectly)
A spatchcock roasted chicken with veggies is a perfect quick weeknight meal that will satisfy your tastebuds! Take a look at this recipe from Char-Griller ambassador Izzy Wofford aka @izzygrillz.
- Spatchcock the chicken by removing the backbone and snapping breastbone, allowing the bird to lay flat. (Vid of this on my page @izzygrillz)
- Season chicken using a rub.
- Slice potatoes and onion and add to skillet with carrots.
- Add 12 oz chicken broth.
- Lay spatchcock chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Smoke indirect on you Akorn at 325F for approximately an hour; it’s finished with the chicken is 165F in the center of the breast.
- Remove, serve and enjoy!