Caribbean Jerk Pork w/ Pineapple Salsa
Prep Time: 40 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 Pork Tenderloin - 1 to 2 Pounds
- 2 Jerk Seasoning - 2 Tablespoons
- 3 Whole Pineapple - 1
- 4 Olive Oil - 1 Teaspoon
- 5 Charcoal
- 6 Additional Pineapple, Chopped - 1 Cup
- 7 Large Tomatoes, Chopped - 2
- 8 White Onion, Finely Chopped - 1/2 Cup
- 9 Jalapeno (seeds removed to preference), Finely Chopped - 1/2 Jalapeno
- 10 Pineapple Juice - 2 Tablespoons
Treat yourself to a meal that will transport you to a Caribbean getaway. The bright flavors from the pineapple with the spicy jerk seasoning will make your mouth dance!
Jerk Pork Directions:
1. Remove all excess fat and silver skin from the pork tenderloin. Use the olive oil as a slather on both sides of the pork tenderloin to help get the rub to stick. Carefully season both sides of the pork tenderloin with the jerk seasoning making sure it has a nice even coat.
2. Let the pork tenderloin rest and absorb the seasoning while you prep the pineapple. Split the pineapple vertically and use a knife and spoon to hollow one side of the pineapple out (this will be the presentation side.) Be sure to save the pineapple as it will be used later for the salsa.
3. Start prepping your fire and working on getting your grill up to 325 F. Once your grill has reached 325 F put the pork tenderloin on indirect heat. Once the pork tenderloin has reached around 150 F internal move it to direct heat and sear it until internal is 160 F. Pull the pork tenderloin and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut up into 1 ½ inch cubes and serve with pineapple salsa. Enjoy! *Tip* While your grill is hot put some pineapple on it to add an extra layer of flavor to your salsa.
Pineapple Salsa Directions:
1. In a bowl combine the pineapple, onion, jalapeno and pineapple juice. Let marinate for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add chopped tomatoes into the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir well.
3. Let the mixture marinate so the flavors can meld. Serve and enjoy! *Tip* If you let the pineapple salsa marinate for 1-3 hours the flavors will have time to meld together.