Caramel Apple Rolls
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 Rhodes Frozen Dough
- 2 21 Ounce Can of Apple Pie Filling
- 3 Cinnamon
- 4 Sugar
- 5 Butter
- 6 Werther's Original or Kraft individual Caramels
- 7 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
Char-Griller® Ambassador, Diana Koss of @kosssauce, shares this delicious Caramel Apple Rolls recipe. A seasonal masterpiece, this recipe perfectly combines caramel and apples. This recipe is perfect for a sweet breakfast or an after dinner treat!
- Remove frozen dough from freezer. AIIow several hours to thaw before using. (Rhodes frozen rolls can be substituted if dough can not be found. )
- Fill Char-Griller Chimney will charcoal and prepare. Once ready add to grill and then add another chimney amount .
- I used my Char-Griller Kettle. This amount helped to achieve the temperature and heat needed to bake rolls.
- Use floured surface or cutting board to roll out dough into rectangle. If using rolls, simply flatten and connect to make rectangle.
- Use rolling pin to make even. Then pour apple pie filling into bowl. Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to filling as well as 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Spread filling on top prepared dough. Add 4-5 small pats of butter on top of apple filling. Beginning at one end, roll up dough . The cut slices of dough and apple filling.
- Place each roll into small-medium size cast iron skillet until skillet is full. Place onto kettle and bake until rolls are lightly brown on top and dough is baked all the way.
- Using a double boiler, melt caramels and evaporated milk to make a caramel glaze.
- Drizzle on top of apple rolls.