Caprese Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 4 Boneless Skinless Whole Chicken Breasts
- 2 4 Slices of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 6 Slices of Roma Tomato
- 4 6 Large Basil Leaves
- 5 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 6 1/4 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 7 2 Tsp of Salt
- 8 2 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 9 1 Tsp of Dried Oregano
- 10 1 Tsp of Dried Basil
- 11 1/2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 12 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 13 1 Tsp of Onion Powder
Spice up your regular backyard BBQ with an inviting rendition of an Italian classic. Check out this Caprese Grilled Chicken recipe for flavor that won’t disappoint.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Be sure grates are lightly oiled.
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, oregano, dried basil, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place chicken on the grill. On the stove, combine balsamic vinegar and butter. Place on high heat until boiling then reduce to low heat and simmer until reduced by half. Reduction should be thickened.
- Once chicken is nearly finished, top each breast with a slice of mozzarella. Cook for a few additional minutes until melted.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and top each breast with a tomato slice and basil. Drizzle to your liking with reduction.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!