Caprese Chicken Breast
Prep Time: 7 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 2 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 4 thick slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 Fresh basil leaves
- 5 2 vine tomatoes
- 6 3/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 7 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 8 Salt and pepper to taste
This hearty Caprese Chicken Breast is sure to impress and taste delicious too. A few simple ingredients are transformed into out-of-this-world Italian flavors in this elevated classic Caprese Chicken Breast dish.
1. In a small pot or saucepan, reduce the balsamic vinegar by simmering on low heat for about 20 minutes. Allow it to thicken, but not so much that you cannot pour it.
2. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat a pan to medium-high heat, adding butter and olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-6 minutes per side. Once the chicken is nearly done (internal temperature 165°F), top each piece with one slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover the pan and allow the chicken to continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from heat and top each chicken breast with 1-2 tomato slices, fresh basil leaves, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction. Serve immediately.