Cajun Sausage & Pepper Egg Muffins
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 Zesty Sausage - 10 Ounces
- 2 Diced Green Pepper - 1/3 Cup
- 3 Diced Sweet Red Pepper - 1/3 Cup
- 4 Diced Yellow/Sweet Onion - 1/3 Cup
- 5 Diced Shredded Potatoes (Hash Browns from Bag) - 1/3 Cup
- 6 Eggs - 1 Dozen
- 8 Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese - 1 1/2 Cup
This is the perfect recipe for family breakfast or brunch, and it happens to be one of our favorites as well! It will add a little spice to your morning and leave you satisfied for the rest of the day. We highly recommend topping these muffins with the optional ingredients listed at the bottom of the instructions.
1. Prepare Char-Griller Akorn for indirect heat at 350° Optional: Add your favorite smoking wood for a kiss of smoke flavor. Apple wood works great with this recipe.
2. Using stove, cook sausage, peppers, and onions in skillet over medium-high heat until sausage starts to brown and vegetables tenderize. About 8-10 minutes. Set aside on paper towel to drain and cool down.
3. Add eggs to large mixing bowl along with cajun seasoning. Beat well. Mix in about 1 cup of the pepper jack cheese. Stir in sausage, peppers, and onions.
4. In a jumbo 6 cup muffin pan, add about ⅔ cup mixture to each muffin cup. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup pepper jack cheese on top of each.
5. When Akorn is up to temperature (350°f grate level) Smoke/Bake in Akorn for 20-25 minutes. Look for a golden brown color to form. Pull when internal temperature is around 160°f and knife inserted into center comes out clean.
6. Add your optional toppings and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Optional Toppings: Sour cream, Parsley, Cherry tomatoes, and Hot Sauce