Butternut Squash Risotto
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 30-40 Min
- 1 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 4 2 C. (32 oz.) chicken stock
- 5 1 C. water
- 6 1 C. heavy cream
- 7 1 ½ C. Arborio rice
- 8 1 small butternut squash (about 2 lbs), cubed for roasting
- 9 ½ C. freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 10 ½ C. dry white wine, optional
- 11 1 Tsp. salt, more to taste
- 12 Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Fall brings with it squash, pasta, and all good things comfort food. Just because the weather cools down, doesn’t mean you have to hide inside to keep warm. Fire up the grill and cook this Butternut Squash Risotto that showcases the best of the season.
Mix well and heat to be served with your favorite meat.
Suggestion: Serve risotto with carrot ribbons sautéed in olive oil and pair with a medium filet.