Brussel Sprouts and Bacon Skillet
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 7-8 Min
- 1 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 2 4-5 strips of thick sliced bacon
- 3 ½ red onion, chopped
- 4 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 5 Salt and pepper to taste
Just because you’re camping out doesn’t mean you have to leave the veggies at home. This Brussel Sprouts and Bacon Skillet is easy to prepare and sure to earn a spot on your plate and the kids’. Give it a try on your next great adventure.
1. Fry bacon slices in a skillet over medium-high heat until the desired level of crispiness.
2. Remove from heat, press grease from slices with a paper towel, and chop the bacon.
3. Add butter to the same pan before pouring in Brussel sprouts. Stir occasionally for two minutes, then add the onion and continue stirring for an additional 7-8 minutes until sprouts and onions are golden and slightly softened.
4. Season generously with salt and pepper, then add the bacon back to the pan, mixing thoroughly.
5. Serve hot or as a chilled salad.