Briskets and Gravy
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 3 Hrs
- 1 1 Brisket Point
- 2 4 Tbsp Of Your Favorite Beef BBQ Rub
- 3 1 Can Of Beef Broth
- 4 2 Tbsp Of Butter
- 5 6 Biscuits
- 6 1/3 Cup Flour
- 7 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 8 1 Tsp Salt
- 9 2 Cups Of Milk
Char-Griller Ambassador, Steve Dotson of @cookoutcoach, shares his delicious Briskets N' Gravy recipe.
Hey everyone, today is one of those days that is a turning point in learning a BBQ recipe. This is something really special that is one heck of a treat. We’re going to make biscuits and brisket point gravy or as I’m calling it…. Briskets n' Gravy! With the weather changing, football season and tailgating in full swing, I wanted to do something with a brisket that would fit the current feel outside. I had a wagyu brisket point in the freezer, and today’s recipe is something that you could do overnight or from brisket leftovers, but at the end of the day it is just some of the best comfort food you will ever treat yourself to. If you give this a shot please let me know what you think of it because I am in love with it.
- Remove all exterior fat from the brisket point.
- Season all sides with the BBQ rub.
- Bring the Char Griller Gravity 980 up to 320 degrees and add 4 chunks of hickory wood. in the ash pan.
- Put the brisket on the Gravity 980 for 3 hours.
- At the three hour mark wrap the brisket in foil with the can of beef broth and put it back on the cooker until probe tender, roughly 207 to 212 degrees internal.
- Remove from the cooker to rest in a cooler.
- Place the biscuits on the cooker at 440 degrees until golden on top and done.
- After resting, cut roughly 1 pound of the brisket point into chopped brisket meat.
- Add the butter, brisket meat, and flour to a hot cast iron skillet and slowly stir in milk until the desired gravy thickness is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to gravy.
- Break biscuits open, cover with the brisket gravy, and serve.