Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 Leftover Brisket
- 2 Corn Tortillas
- 3 Sour Cream
- 4 Pickled Red Onions
- 5 Queso Fresco
- 6 Salsa Verde: 10 tomatillos, 4 serranos, 4 jalapenos, 5 garlic cloves, 1/2 white onion, 2 avocados, 1 bundle cilantro, & limes
Switch up your Taco Tuesday with this Brisket Flautas recipe from Char-Griller® Ambassadors @pittboysbbq!
- Reheat your leftover brisket on your Char-Griller® Flat Iron® Griddle. Be sure to chop it up into small pieces.
- Toss your tomatillos, serranos, jalapenos, and garlic on the griddle as well.
- Once they get a nice char, go ahead and smash them in your molcajete.
- Add in fresh diced white onion, cilantro, and avocado. Squeeze in some lime and your salsa is finished.
- Begin rolling your flautas and prepare for a shallow fry in a skillet. Microwaving the tortillas before rolling will hep a lot.
- Place them in about 1/2 inch of oil and let them shallow fry.
- They will get nice and crispy after only a few minutes.
- Begin building your flauta pyramid and topping them with your salsa verde, sour cream, queso fresco, and pickled red onions.