Blueberry Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 3.5 Hrs
- 1 Pork Belly - 2 lbs
- 2 Char-Griller Rib Rub
- 3 Butter - 1/2 stick
- 4 Fresh Blueberries - 2 Cups
- 5 Apple Juice - 1/4 Cup
- 6 Sugar - 1/4 Cup
- 7 Cornstarch - 1 Tbs
- 8 Lemon Juice - 1 Tbs
- 9 Cayenne - 1 tsp (optional)
Sweet, salty, and savory? What more could you ask for. BBQ Fiends Blueberry Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe calls for them to be slathered in a sweet and sticky Blueberry Sauce to add the perfect kick of flavor. Serve on top of homemade waffles to make the perfect brunch meal!
Pork Belly Instructions:
1. Cut the pork belly into 1-1 ½ inch cubes.
2. Season the cubes liberally on all sides.
3. Prepare the fire to get the smoker up to 275 F.
Tip: Put the pork belly into the freezer 20-30 minutes before you cube. This will help with the cutting process.
4. Once the smoker has reached 275 F put the pork belly onto the grill with the fat side facing down.
5. Spritz every 40-45 minutes until the pork belly starts to read an internal temp of 190 F.
6. Place the cubes in an aluminum pan and add one cup of the blueberry sauce and the butter. Toss the cubes to make sure the sauce adheres to all sides of the cubes. Return the pan into the smoker.
7. Once the sauce has reduced and the cubes look caramelized it is time to pull from the smoker. Put the burnt ends onto a plate and top with the remaining cup of blueberry sauce. Enjoy!
Blueberry Sauce Instructions:
In a saucepan combine the blueberries and apple juice. Bring to a boil. Pour the cornstarch, sugar, and cayenne (optional) into the saucepan while stirring continuously. Let the sauce thicken and reduce heat. Add the lemon juice and stir. Set aside till it is time to use on the burnt ends.
Serving Suggestion: Over Homemade Waffles