Big Game Hot Wings
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 85 Min
- 1 Smoking Wood Chunks of your Choice
- 2 Whole Chicken Wings
- 3 Kosher Salt
- 4 Your Desired Barbecue Rub
- 5 Deep Fryer & Frying Oil
- 6 One Stick of Butter
- 7 24 oz. of your Desired Hot Sauce
Game-day isn't complete until there are wings on the table, and these Hot Wings from Char-Griller Ambassador, Geoff Boyd of @outdoors_with_geoff_ do not disappoint. Perfect for the Big Game or any game-day celebration in-between, these wings are sure to please your guests.
1. Light a Chimney of Charcoal and adjust the vents on the AKORN® to maintain 275 degrees.
- Season the chicken wings with kosher salt.
- Load your wood chucks onto the coals.
- Cook the chicken wings at 275 degrees for forty minutes, flip and cook for an additional twenty minutes.
- Pull the chicken wings off the cooker and let them cool in the refrigerator for twenty minutes.
- Place a cast iron pan on the AKORN. Add 1 stick of butter and 24 ounces of hot sauce.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Deep fry the chicken wings for three to four minutes.
- Toss the wings in your barbecue seasoning to create a dry rub wing.
- Dredge the wings in the Hot Sauce Mix and open the vents up to cook at 400 degrees for five minutes.
- Let them rest for five minutes and enjoy!