Beer Cheese Sauce
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 Butter - 3 Tbs
- 2 Flour - 3 Tbs
- 3 Lager Beer - 1/2 Cup
- 4 Heavy Cream - 1 Cup
- 5 Dijon Mustard - 1 tsp
- 6 Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
- 7 Salt - 1/2 tsp
- 8 Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- 9 Cheddar Cheese - 1.5 Cups
- 10 Gruyere Cheese - 1.5 Cups
Is there anything better than beer cheese? The perfect topping for brats, dipping sauce for pretzel and awesome when drizzled over tacos. It's the ultimate multitasker and it's surprisingly easy to make.
We whipped up this beer cheese on the side burner of the Char-Griller DUO 5050 while we were grilling brats and peppers. It took just 10 minutes start to finish! Check out the whole recipe below.
1. In a saucepan on the side burner, melt butter.
2. Add flour and whisk until combined.
3. Cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add beer slowly, while continuously whisking.
5. Slowly add in cream while continuing to whisk.
6. Cook over medium heat until the mixture has thickened.
7. Stir in mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
8. Add cheese half a cup at a time and whisk until melted.
9. Serve warm and pour over brats, burgers, and more.