Beef Brisket with Rosemary Salt
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 12 Hrs
- 1 10 lb. beef brisket
- 2 Rosemary salt, to taste
- 3 Coarse ground pepper
1. Place 1 C. packed fresh rosemary leaves and 1 C. coarse salt in a food processor and pulse until the texture resembles table salt.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and add 1 C. Kosher or sea salt and mix well.
3. Spread evenly on a baking sheet to dry for 1-2 hours, then pour into a jar with an airtight lid. Keeps indefinitely.
1. Pre-heat grill to 275°F. Using a sharp knife, trim the fat from the brisket leaving an even, thin layer on the top.
2. Season brisket generously on both sides with rosemary salt, coarse black pepper and your favorite dry rub, or use Original All-Purpose BBQ rub, to taste.
3. Place brisket on the grill fat side up, with a Smokin’ Stone or heat deflector under the grates, and allow brisket to smoke at 275°F for 12 hours or until internal temperature reaches 190°F.
Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.