BBQ Wang Thangs
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 75 Min
- 1 Whole Chicken Wings: 12-14
- 2 Olive Oil
- 3 Favorite Creole Seasoning: to taste
- 4 2 Jalapenos: Sliced
- 5 Favorite Spicy BBQ Sauce: Used a Homemade Sauce
- 6 Char-Griller Grills Smoking Champ 1733
- 7 Fogo Premium Lump Charcoal
- 8 Favorite Smoking Wood: Used Apple
Looking for a new chicken wing recipe to spice things up? Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens of Certified Creole BBQ made this epic slow grilled chicken wings recipe with just the right amount of sauce and spice.
1. Rinse Chicken Wings with cold water and pat dry.
2. Trim/remove access fat, skin and hair.
3. Remove the Chicken Wing tip and separate the drum from the flat.
4. Apply coating of olive oil to all sides of the chicken wings.
5. Add Favorite Creole seasoning to the Chicken Wings.
6. Add Jalapenos.
7. Heat up the grill/smoker with lump charcoal to 340°
8. Place the chicken wings in the grill.
9. Flip Wings after 30 minutes.
10. Cook the chicken wings for 60 minutes and warm up the Spicy BBQ Sauce.
11. Sauce Wings and place them back in the grill/smoker for an additional 15 minutes.
12. Remove and enjoy!