BBQ Fiends OktoberFest Beer Brats
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 5 Bratwurst
- 2 1 - 12 oz Can or Bottle of Oktoberfest Beer
- 3 1/2 Large White Onion - Sliced
- 4 5 Bratwurst Buns
- 5 1/2 Can or Jar of Sauerkraut
- 6 Whole Grain Brown Mustard
- 7 Kosher Salt
- 8 Coarse Black Pepper
Oktoberfest is here and with it comes great food and beer. Char-Griller ambassador BBQ Fiends made a super easy and simple brat recipe that is perfect for your Oktoberfest party or as a weeknight dinner!
1. Pre-heat the grill to 375 F and place a lightly oiled large skillet on the grill
2. Sauté the sliced onions in the oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Once the onions are tender add the can of beer into the skillet.
3. Bring the beer to a boil and add the bratwurst to the skillet.
4. Remove the bratwurst once the beer as almost reduced completely and set the bratwurst directly on the grill. Rotate on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until internal temp is at 160 F.
5. Serve the bratwurst in a bun with the beer onions, sauerkraut, and mustard as toppings. Enjoy!