Basic Thanksgiving Turkey Brine
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: Varies Min
- 1 2 Gallons Water
- 2 Peels of 3 Oranges
- 3 Peels of 3 Lemons
- 4 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 5 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 6 1/2 Fresh Sage Leaves
- 7 2 Bay Leaves
- 8 1 Tbs Whole Peppercorns
- 9 6 Cloves Garlic Peeled and Smashed
Brining is the key to getting the perfect Thanksgiving turkey. It infuses the bird with moisture and flavor and helps ensure that it cooks evenly and comes off the grill tender and delicious. Here's Char-Griller Ambassador Bryan Head's Basic Turkey Brine Recipe!
1. Fill bucket with 2 gallons water
2. Add salt, stir until dissolved
3. Add other brine ingredients
4. Add turkey, making sure it is fully submerged if possible. If not, try to turn turkey every 6-8 hours.
5. Brine for 24-48 hours (aiming for 48 hours is best)
Tip: Either store your turkey in the fridge while brining or place in a large cooler and cover with ice.
6. Then rinse the brine off and use a salt free seasoning before putting turkey on smoker.