Bacon Wrapped Seafood Stuffed Shrimp
Prep Time: 45 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 2 lbs. jumbo shrimp, deveined and butterflied
- 2 1 lb. Applewood smoked bacon strips, cut in half
- 3 1lb. lobster tail meat and/or lump crab meat, cooked and chopped
- 4 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 5 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 7 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 8 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 9 ¼ C. mayonnaise
- 10 1 Tbsp. horseradish mustard
- 11 1 egg, beaten
- 12 2 Tbsp. seafood all-purpose sauce
- 13 1 Tsp. seasoned salt
- 14 1 Tsp. white pepper
- 15 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 16 1 Tsp. onion powder
- 17 2 Tsp. Chipotle chili powder
- 18 1 C. cheese crackers, crushed
1. Place lobster tail and/or lump crab meat in a large bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
2. Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet and sauté onion, peppers and garlic until tender, 5-7 minutes.
3. Allow to cool and then gradually fold in the remaining ingredients, except shrimp, to seafood mixture from Step 1.
4. Mound 1-2 Tbsp. of stuffing mixture onto shrimp, wrap with ½ strip of bacon and secure with toothpick.
5. Place bacon wrapped shrimp on a metal tray onto the indirect side of the grill at 375°F for 20 minutes.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!