Bacon Garlic Burger with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 40 Min
- 1 2 lbs. ground beef sirloin
- 2 2 oz. bacon
- 3 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 4 1 Tsp. Chipotle chili powder
- 6 ½ C. mayonnaise
- 7 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 ¼ C. crushed garlic
- 9 ½ Tsp. ground white pepper
- 10 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 11 ½ Tsp. black pepper
- 12 ½ Tsp. salt
- 13 1½ C. all-purpose beef sauce, or preferred (reserve ½ C.)
- 14 Hamburger buns
- 15 Condiments of choice
1. Combine the mayonnaise, white pepper, garlic powder, Chipotle chili powder and ½ C. of reserved sauce in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
1. Place ½ of crushed garlic in a cast iron skillet with bacon to smoke on the grill at 350°F for 30 minutes.
2. Add chopped onion to garlic and bacon in skillet and mix well. Allow to smoke for another 30 minutes at 350°F. Pull off the grill and set aside when done.
1. Place ground beef in large bowl and add eggs, remaining garlic, salt and pepper, and remaining sauce. Mix ingredients by hand until just blended.
2. Form 1” thick patties and place on a wax paper lined tray. Place tray with patties in refrigerator and allow to chill for 10-15 minutes.
3. Place patties on the indirect side of the grill at 350°F for 5 minutes per side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks.
4. Top burgers with cheese, if desired, during the last few minutes and allow to melt. Add garlic skillet mixture from earlier on top of cheese. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. Let burgers rest for 3-5 minutes before building the burger.
To serve, top burgers with bacon strips and the garlic and onion mixture.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!