Apple Chipotle Glazed Smoked Ham
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 90 Min
- 1 5 ½ lbs. boneless Applewood smoked ham
- 2 1 C. apple jelly
- 3 1 Tsp. Chipotle chili powder
- 4 2/3 C. balsamic vinegar
- 5 ½ C. brown sugar
1. Place ham in an aluminum roasting pan onto the grill to smoke at 300°F for 90 minutes.
2. While ham is smoking, combine balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Chipotle chili powder and apple jelly in a small sauce pan on the stove. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. After ham has cooked for 1 hour, baste with glaze every 10 minutes, being careful not to burn the sauce. Ham is done when internal temperature reaches 140°F.
4. Remove ham from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!