2-Burner Flat Iron® Eggplant Parmesan
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 1 Large Eggplant, 1/2 inch slices
- 2 2 Large Tomatoes, 1/2 inch slices
- 3 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 5 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning or Choice of Herbs
- 6 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan
- 7 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- 8 Salt & Pepper
- 9 Optional Toppings/Garnishes: Balsamic Vinegar, Basil Leaves
Looking to impress your significant other on Date Night? This Eggplant Parmesan is sure to do the trick! Quick, easy and looks super impressive, this Eggplant Parmesan on the Char-Griller Flat Iron 2-Burner will be a hit.
- Preheat your Flat Iron® to medium heat. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and minced garlic.
- Align eggplant and tomato slices on a baking sheet and brush each side with the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper as well. Allow 3-4 minutes for the oil to set in.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian Seasoning with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Place the eggplant and tomato slices on the preheated griddle. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side once they begin to brown. Flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Place one tomato slice on each eggplant slice. Top with the cheese and herb mixture.
- Allow to cook for 4-5 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- To quickly melt cheese, cover with the Char-Griller Basting Dome.
- Remove each eggplant tomato stack from the griddle and top with balsamic vinegar, basil leaves or any other desired additions. Serve with crostini or as your main dish. Enjoy!