Rum AND Grilled Pineapple? In a dessert like no other, this Rum Caramelized Pineapple Sundae recipe is sure to add itself to your own personal recipe book. With its succulent reduced rum sauce, served with vanilla ice cream, it’s certainly a must-try.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and rum. Add pineapple rings ensuring that all are completely coated in the mixture. Let sit for 15 minutes, stirring 2-3 times throughout to ensure an even soak.
2. Strain the pineapple from the rum sauce (If you would like a sauce to pour over finished product, reduce the sauce separately in a small saucepan by bringing to a simmer over medium-high heat then bringing it to low heat for about 7-8 minutes)
3. Preheat the Flat Iron® to medium-high heat and grease with cooking spray. Add an even layer of pineapple slices and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
4. Remove pineapples from heat and transfer to serving plates or bowls.
5. Assemble sundaes with 1-2 slices of pineapple topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Optionally pour over reduced rum sauce, add whipped cream and/or dust with ground cinnamon.
6. Serve immediately.