BBQ Pork Recipes
Apple-Glazed Pork Chops
"Make your pork chops a little more special tonight with this easy-to-make jelly glaze." Original recipe yield: 4 servings. Courtesy SMUCKER'S®.
- 1/2 cup SMUCKER'S® Apple Jelly
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 (1-inch-thick) pork chops
- 2 small baking apples, cored and sliced
- Combine first four ingredients in saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until jelly melts. Keep warm.
- Place pork chops on rack in broiler pan. Broil five inches from heat, seven minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven; brush one side with jelly glaze, and broil three minutes. Flip and brush other side with glaze; top with apple slices, and drizzle with remaining glaze. Broil three minutes.
Grilled Ham Steak with Peach Fresca
"This recipe is courtesy of Chef Eddie Matney, Eddie Matney's Restaurant, Phoenix, Arizona. Fresh peaches are the main attraction of this spicy original. Served over grilled ham steak, it makes a sensational summer meal." Original recipe yield: 4 servings. Courtesy Cook's® Ham.
- 1 Cook's® brand Bone-In Thick Cut Ham Steak
- PEACH FRESCA:
- 6 ripe peaches, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, diced and seeded
- Pinch Chinese Five Spice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill. Combine ingredients for the peach fresca in a bowl and mix well, set aside. Place ham steaks on grill over medium heat. Heat according to package instructions.
- Place ham steak on platter and pour peach fresca over ham steak.
Patriotic Pork Mesquite BBQ Ribs
"Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade Mix makes these succulent baby back ribs the hit of any summer barbecue." Original recipe yield: 4 servings. Courtesy McCormick® & Company.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 (1.06 ounce) package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade Mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place ribs on grill over indirect heat. Grill until ribs are done and tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours; turn occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Baste ribs with BBQ sauce during last 20 minutes of grilling time, turning as necessary to coat all surfaces.
Pork Chop Grill with Corn-Pepper Relish
"Wow your family and guests and make grilling easy with this tasty dish." Original recipe yield: 6 servings. Courtesy Kraft Foods.
- 6 pork chops (1-1/2 to 2 lb.)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup KRAFT Italian Dressing, divided
- Place chops on greased grill over medium-hot coals. Grill 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning every 4 minutes and brushing with 1/2 cup of the dressing.
- Mix cucumber, corn, red pepper and remaining dressing. Serve with chops.